Friday, August 1, 2008

VBS 2008

So today concluded the end of Sierra's fun week at VBS. She had such a great time...the best time yet. She really LOVED her crew leader a LOT....the feeling was mutual on the end of the leader. The joys of going to a large church is that the resources are great. They spared no expense and you could see the support they had from all areas of ministry. I would guess there was approximately about 250 kids. It made me so pleased that Sierra got so much out of this week...more pleased than you could imagine.

I have to admit I was a bit jealous. Since I used to be a Children's Pastor and I directed several VBS' myself, I had hoped she would miss my productions. This one did come close to a VBS I put on that was called "Arctic Edge". It is still talked about among many kids and parents. Sierra was so sweet when she asked me "Is it ok that I liked this new VBS more than Arctic Edge?" Of course it is ok. It was more than ok.

I did make the effort to let the people know who ran this VBS just how much of an impact the week had on Sierra. As a previous director and leader in VBS, I know how much hard work goes into this and I know how much it means to be told the work is appreciated. **I will say now, go and let your children's teachers know how much you appreciate their dedication to your children.

So, Kudos to Woodsedge for making a week that was so much fun for my kid, that she was sad to see it end and made many wishes that it could have lasted a month!! She is still singing the songs....still dancing....begging us to buy her the songs. I LOVE IT!!

Here are some pics!

Sierra and Matt after the VBS closing ceremony


Sierra and her friend, D. She goes to Sierra's school.

She is also in Sierra's Sunday School class and was in Sierra's crew!

0 comments: