Sunday, August 10, 2008

Incredible Chicken Glaze Recipe

I subscribe to the Rachael Ray Magazine and I like most of what I find in it. I have made a couple of the recipes in these mags and liked some and not liked others.

I found this one recipe for a glaze that sounded SO good, but Matt was less than hopeful for the outcome.....simply because of ONE ingredient....apricot preserves. lol I was MORE excited about the recipe because of the apricot preserves. Matt admitted, last night, that this was good!! It is VERY simple and VERY yummy!

Apricot-Balsamic-Glazed Chicken

Ingredients:
1/2 cup apple juice or cider (I used the juice)
1/4 cup apricot preserves (I used a bit more of this to cut down the bitterness of the balsamic vinegar)
1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar (didn't see aged at the store, so I just used regular)
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
4 chicken breast halves
salt and pepper

Directions:
Preheat grill to medium-high.

In a medium saucepan, bring the juice, preserves, and vinegar to a boil. Lower the heat and cook until thick and syrupy, stirring occasionally.

Drizzle chicken breasts with evoo all over the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Grill till cooked through. When done, coat breasts with glaze and enjoy.

It is SO yummy!! I loved it (and I loved it again today for lunch!).

0 comments: