Monday, August 11, 2008

Best Word in the World!

Is there any word in the world better than "mommy"? Hearing that word come out of your child's mouth is like music. It gives you chills and makes your heart pump harder. My daughter is 9 now and seems to be growing out of the "mommy" stage. She tends to lean towards calling me "mom" which is such a sad event for me. It not only means she is getting older, but I do not get to hear that sweet, sweet word from her sweet, sweet mouth.

I have a better appreciation, now, for the quickly passing time of childhood. I watch my 9-year old and find it hard to believe that she could be 9! I watch my 3-year old and I hang on to every moment. Daniel is a very loving child, so it is easy to soak up these moments. He loves to just hug on me and say those oh so wonderful words "I love you, mommy". I can't help but wonder how long this will last. I know boys grow out of this sooner than girls.

Now, do not get my wrong. Sierra is a HUGE cuddle bug. If she does not get in enough cuddles and "I love you"s during the day, she will not be happy. She is very affectionate.

And talk about a warming moment....the two of them are the most loving siblings I have ever seen. Sierra HAS to have just as many hugs and kisses from her brother...and has to let him know she loves him all the time. She plays with him daily and they just love each other.

Now, this is NOT to say that "mommy" can not be annoying. "Mommy, can you find my spiderman" or "Mommy" screamed from upstairs or downstairs in a whiny tone! That can also give you a funny feeling....though more of a annoyed, crawly nerve feeling and not so warm and fuzzy!

I love my kids!!!

2 comments:

ChrissyK said...

What a GREAT idea. REcording what Caitlyn thinks of a baby brother...before and after. Cool idea...love it!

ChrissyK said...

I got the bakerella from your site. :) So thank you!