Saturday, August 9, 2008

Beijing Olympics

Anyone who knows me well knows how much I LOVE the Olympics!! I like the Winter Olympics, but LOVE the Summer Olympics. I love the swimming probably the most (GO PHELPS) and than gymnastics, diving, track, basketball....etc. This year, I am so excited because I have DVR! This is, by far, one of the BEST inventions in HISTORY. I love to just program my favorite shows and watch at my leisure. I programmed every Olympics program I could find on any network.

It was soooo cool last night to take advantage of this for the Opening Ceremony. I do not care for this too much...it is always a bit over the top for my tastes, but I always feel like I SHOULD watch it and particularly enjoy watching the lighting of the BIG torch. Last night, we got to watch the highlights....the INCREDIBLE show was amazing.... We got to watch all the fun parts and fast forward through the speeches, and fast forward through the parade of nations (not through the U.S. part, of course).

The lighting of the torch was INCREDIBLE and I had to replay it for Sierra this morning (another positive aspect of DVR).

Today I saw the beginning of the heats for several swimming events and will watch the FINALS tonight! What a great start.

Sadly, my family will not see much of me over these next couple weeks...but maybe more than they would have if I did not have DVR. I blazed through 8 hours of Olympic coverage in just under 2 hours (equestrian and fencing...really?). GOTTA LOVE IT!!

1 comments:

Scoop said...

Oh yeah, DVR. Sure wish I had that here. I was a HUGE fan of it before we moved overseas.