Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Nim's Island

Tonight, we watched Nim's Island on dvd. Sierra saw the previews for this movie so long ago and we both thought it looked like such a fun movie. The reviews for it came out, though, and they were less than stellar. We do not like to waste money on seeing a movie that is not going to be good. I mean, movies are expensive. So, we talked Sierra out of seeing it and she was not happy about it. She made proclamations over and over about how she did not care what the reviews said, she wanted to see it SO bad.

Matt put it on his Netflix que and we got it today. I had my laptop on standby to use when the silliness ensued. BOY WAS I SURPRISED!! This was a really great movie. It was clean, cute, adventurous. I was totally wrong. We will be buying the movie, I am sure. Sierra looked at me with those big blue eyes of hers and asked if we could buy it. How RARE is it to find a movie that is good and clean....of COURSE we will buy it.

Now, hopefully, she won't say to me.....since I was right that Nim's Island is good, so will you take me to Space Chimps or Journey to the Center of the Earth! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 comments:

Scoop said...

I subscribe to Focus on the Family's movie review podcast (Pulgged In movie reviews on OnePlace.com), which I highly recommend. The reviewer gave very high approval to this movie, and I've already added it to my list of DVDs to purchase.

I am so glad we left Houston before my kids asked to see Space Chimps! I don't think I could have suffered through that one.