Saturday, August 29, 2009

Facebook Status Updates

Recently, Matt, Sierra and I went a few days without technology (ok, Matt HAD to use his computer at work, but did not do any surfing or anything like it).

I am such a big status updater, I thought it would be funny to tally what my status updates may have been during this time.

* Daniel is doing such a great job wearing his patch.

* starting an interesting, in-depth study of Romans today. (Thursday)

* our hearts grieve over recent layoffs at our church -- praying.

* had fun without computer distractions...made cards to put in the decorated tin for my sister's birthday...now well over 2 weeks late.

* loving the drop off for Sierra's new school...less than ten minutes round trip.

* another task complete w/out computer and tv distraction....craft room cleaned up.

* helped Daniel pick out toys to sell in our Saturday garage sale...his money to go towards a cool new toy. (addendum...Daniel got to buy himself the black spider man suit).

* loving the constant sound of my ipod on shuffle...though one of David Crowder's songs has played and replayed about 5 times.

* finishing a book that is not too interesting, but I have to finish to see if I am right. (I was)

* having sweet times praying for those in community, nation, church family and friends.

* shopping for houses in North Carolina. No, we are not moving...yet....though it is not outside the realm of possibility.

* is so proud of my budding missionary who loves church both on Sundays and Wednesdays and wants to go spread Jesus around.

* watching my husband nod off as I write this.

* is proud of my daughter who wants to extend our little fast past these few days. (no, it did not last)

* finding it funny that Daniel has to watch movies on our little portable dvd player to avoid distraction for us.

* looking forward to getting my and Sierra's hair cut on Saturday followed by lunch at Cheesecake Factory.

* finally mailing my sister's birthday present on Friday...AND finally mailing my 12-inch long braid to Locks of Love...AND mailing Sierra's best friend who lives in Africa the DS games she left in our car. (YES, I did it...I mailed all the above).

4 comments:

Scoop said...

What is up with North Carolina?!!? Details, details, please!

Sandra Kozlowski said...

lol...we want to move there...Matt craves living in a state with seasons as does Sierra.

Not sure if/when we will do it. Matt just got stuck working on the Continental Airlines team which is based here (duh) and they do not want anyone working remotely. So.........

Scoop said...

Oh, I absolutely agree with Matt, one day I would love to live where there are actually four seasons! N. Carolina is beautiful, I took a business trip there once.

But, Houston is not so bad either, there are many positives about it. The weather isn't one of them.

Kimberly said...

North Carolina?! All I have to say is, i think Sierra would be traumatized to have two bffs live so far away! And then the counselling Amber would require... And then who would I hang out with at church...

Glad you are just dreaming! :)