Saturday, August 1, 2009

ruminations

It is my dream to be an author. I would love to write a plot twisting mystery...or a spiritually in-depth character study like Rivers writes. But, I tend to not have the endurance to finish anything. Why is it that every night when the lights are out and my head hits the pillow, words and thoughts will flow through my mind like the words at the beginning of any of the Star Wars movies. I will toss and turn and make my monologue or story ideas or what have you weaving into something that I can tell would be good....and then the pills I take each night kick in and I pass out.

When I wake up in the morning, are those thoughts and streaming lines of sentences I spent so much time thinking through the night before end up going through some sort of mental paper shredding while I slept....or seem to pass into the cosmos to be forever lost among the vastness of space.

I decided tonight that I would be inspired to get something started NOW...while my son is in bed....while my daughter entertains herself on her laptop....while I sit on my bed in this darkened room.....and....I.....got............NOTHING!!

I guarantee that as soon as I shut this (my ever present extension to my arms and hands)computer down and place my head on my pillow....those thoughts and visions will come roaring in. I need a voice recorder so I can try and at least utter these thoughts into existence for review the next day to see if I actually do make sense.

So, as my eyes grow heavy as I lay on my bed and in the not so great for your back position...I will say goodnight. One day, you will be at a bookstore and you will see "written by Sandra Kozlowski" Until that time.....I will try my best to stave off the nodding to sleep and you guys .....yep....I am gone....good night!

4 comments:

Scoop said...

Wow, I didn't know you wanted to be an author. Cool.

I have the same active mind syndrome. Sometimes I have a very detailed involved dream, and I think that it could be made into a blockbuster movie. Then I wake up and can't remember any of it.

BTW, what do you take for sleep? Is it pain med that helps you sleep or a sleep aid? Just curious.
You can reply privately to my email if you like.

Sandra Kozlowski said...

I take a muscle relaxer, a anti-inflammatory, and this other medicine that is an anti-depressant that is also used for chronic pain. The downside...it (the last thing) causes me to gain weight. Doesn't matter what I do for diet and exercise, I cannot lose weight. BUT, when I go off it, I can't sleep well and I have more headaches. Reason 1 for me having surgery...hopefully soon.

Kimberly said...

Did you know that is a dream of mine too???
Are you back to surgery? No chiro?

Sandra Kozlowski said...

You did mention that at small group once!!!

Yeah, the chiro helped in a LOT of ways, but not with my tension headaches. He agreed that my jaw needed to be fixed to get relief. So......sometime soon (I hope) I will have the surgery.