Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snow....in Houston?

You betcha! We had snow yesterday. It was so exciting....especially for those of us who have NEVER seen snow!!! Yes, I am 34 years old and I have never seen snow (well a few years ago, I saw maybe a total of 6 snow flakes on Christmas Eve...I think they melted before hitting the ground). Yesterday, I could say with certainty that I saw snow FLURRIES!!

There were squeals that could be heard down the street as all the kids and parents ran outside to enjoy this rare treat. Sierra said it was a miracle (she had prayed for snow for years). Daniel was unimpressed...he was probably the smart one, choosing to stay indoors rather than standing on the cold, wet ground.

Unfortunately, this wonder was short lived. Much to Sierra's chagrin, when she woke up this morning, the snow was all gone...nothing but mud in it's wake. But, we told Sierra not to be so down. This is a rare occurence for Houston. We need to be happy that God granted her prayer...even if it was for such a short time!

So, here is our snow storm!!



0 comments: