Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner


It is time to admit it....it's taken 37 years, but I have to just say it.......I do NOT like Thanksgiving food!! I know, I know...it is un-american of me to say, but it is what it is!!

Every year I have a turkey, convinced that this is the year it will taste good....and every year I end up throwing most of it away. I do not like the way it tastes. I was discussing this dilemma with Matt yesterday (on Thanksgiving day) and he had a brilliant idea.

From Thanksgiving 2012 on, we will be doing an international Thanksgiving meal. The idea: We put different nationalities on pieces of paper, put the names in a bag, and pull out a name and that will be our dinner. In fact, we will plan out the next several Thanksgivings this way....put them in my phone calendar.

So, here it is:

Thanksgiving 2012: Greek
Thanksgiving 2013: Mexican
Thanksgiving 2014: English (not American)
Thanksgiving 2015: Italian
Thanksgiving 2016: Chinese
Thanksgiving 2017: Irish
Thanksgiving 2018: German
Thanksgiving 2019: French
Thanksgiving 2020: Russian

I am REALLY excited and a bit bummed. I wish we had thought of this a couple weeks ago!! How fun it would have been to start now!! Oh well, it's something to look forward to.

No changes will be done for Christmas dinner. We do a southern style meal that I LOVE (as does Matt): honey glazed ham, homemade southern style green beans, homemade macaroni and cheese, rolls and a homemade cheesecake!! YUM-O!!

So, no more turkey for me, thank you very much (well, I must admit, I love the turkey legs at Disney World....and the yummy turkey sold at bbq restaurants.....).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really, you don't like turkey? Even with gravy? We only like the white meat and get rid of the rest of it. You could have ham at Thanksgiving too, but your international idea is very creative.