Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Nostalgia

I had a bit of nostalgia tonight....nostalgia I am ashamed of in the deepest parts of my soul....nostalgial that can be simply stated as a blast from the past in the form of NKOTB!



Do you remember this group from the late 80s to early 90s?? MAN-O-MAN, I do. I had, probably, 100 posters of them on my walls.....I even put some on my ceiling. I had the shirts and the pins....the hats and the jewelry....I had everything I could get my hands on.....ok, not the dolls, but you get the picture.

It is funny thinking back to that time when we are in a new age where Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers are experiencing the hype NKOTB did except in larger forms. And they get a ton worse (HM and JB) with the Internet and digital cameras....

But, how I remember the albums...I think I had tapes. I am was IN LOVE with Joey McIntyre. I just knew in my heart of hearts that we were meant to be together...that if he could just meet me, he would love me. I had more Joey posters and Joey t-shirts and pins than anything.

I remember the year I actually got tickets to see them in CONCERT!! HELLO!!!!!! My dad got tickets for me, him and one of my friends, Sherri (who introduced me to this group). We drove from Corpus to Houston to see them perform at the Astro Dome. What a night...a night I will not forget. I fantasized the whole way there....that I would run into Joey in the halls and he would realize that he loved ME and we would get married. *sigh*

It is funny, cause I find myself shaking my head and rolling my eyes as I see so many girls going crazy to get their kids in to see Hannah or Jonas brothers and I forget what it was like to be that little girl. The excitement and adrenaline. BUT, it is fun and I have no regrets with my obsession with this boy group....and I do not mind when Sierra is going crazy for the Jonas Brothers or Demi Lovato (she is not big on Hannah). It is fun to dream!!

I will admit shame, though. I was just watching the VHI special on NKOTB and am ashamed to admit that I did not know they released another album after Step By Step. How can I expect Joey to whisk me away if i cannot even keep it straight on when each album was released?? All I know is it was quite a blast from the past!!

Ok...gotta go to sleep.

5 comments:

Scoop said...

OK, I am so much older than you are. Of course I knew that already. In the late 80s and early 90s I was in college and married. Man, I feel old.

ChrissyK said...

your so funny. I was in love with Jonathan Knight, hehe

Debra Brinckley said...

I still have my concert ticket stubs!!! and I went for bad boy Donnie. I even remember practicing writing Debra Wahlberg. :)

Sandra Kozlowski said...

My friend from HS was into Johnathan. I swung between Joey and Jordan. I could never see you, Debra, with Donnie...WOW!! I do not have my NKOTB memorabilia!!

Debra Brinckley said...

I think I may still have a button and a couple of posters packed away somewhere also. I had to save them so that my kids could fully make fun of me someday :)